[3830] CQ WW RTTY GW4BLE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve.gw4ble@btconnect.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY GW4BLE SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 19:27:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: GW4BLE
Operator(s): GW4BLE
Station: GW4BLE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Newport
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

   80:   89        1      29     7
   40:   76        9      30    10
   20:  357       45      48    19
   15:  443       51      44    19
   10:  108       30      16    13
------------------------------------
Total: 1073      136     167    68  Total Score = 1,033,606

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Whenever I enter a contest for which I am not a serious entrant I always like to
set a target, this could be number of contacts (usually) or countries / zones or
whatever.  Such was the case in CQ WW RTTY.   I also wanted to experiment with
RTTY SO2R, something I had not tried before.

However, a  problem with my second radio antenna put paid to much of the SO2R,
so most of the time I just ran Qs on the first radio. A QSO target for the
weekend was set at 500 contacts;  my activity would be sporadic anyway (didn't
get on until around 0800 Saturday, and various stops during the day). But,  by
around 2100 the target had been met.

Sunday, again not QRV until around 0800, and even more time-out during the day
for various family commitments.    By late evening time however, doubling the
original weekend target to 1000 contacts seemed a distinct possibility. The
1000 Qs were in the log around 2100 and hey, with a few more multipliers the
magic 1 million points was also within sights.....and so it was, 1,000,000 and
eventually to 1.03 Million when I decided to QRT at 2300.

so....an enjoyable experience of (limited) SO2R RTTY and potential for greater
things next year...... maybe!

73

Steve
GW4BLE