[3830] CQ WW RTTY K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 20:33:52 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): AI9T K3WA K9CT K9WX K9ZO N4RR
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  390       48      37    16
   40: 1061       50      81    31
   20: 1245       56      98    32
   15: 1504       49      97    33
   10:  645       26      75    28
------------------------------------
Total: 4845      229     388   140  Total Score = 9,075,673

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Thanks to the team for such a great effort. We really worked for rate and
finding multipliers throughout the entire 48 hours. Everyone worked well
together interleaving QSOs on inter-locked radios. It is always so enjoyable to
have everyone pitch in and help out when someone needs relief and resting to be
fresh when called on.

This was our first CQ WW RTTY and we had no idea what to expect. We looked back
at the past year's results and also the records to set some goals. Our first
goal was to surpass the W9 M/2 record. Amazingly, we passed that 14 hours into
the contest! So we set sights on the winning score from last year...6.4
million, which also was the North American record. We reached that with 10
hours to go!!

Ice cream was broken out to celebrate. So then as time passed we looked for the
next million...7 and 8 passed and 9 million was in sight. So the race was to the
end to reach that milestone.

We also posted our score real time to cqcontest.net. We watched W1UE post much
better scores than us with higher point contacts and additional mults...in
particular on 80m. We picked QSO totals to chase because there was little we
could do about geographic advantage. It was fun watching the difference ebb and
flow during the contest and kept us in the chair and focused. Lots of
fun....Congratulation to the W1UE team...outstanding accomplishment.

The conditions seems pretty good...especially the unexpected number of QSOs on
10m. We were amazed at how few NA stations could be heard as it would not have
been a good weekend for a domestic contest from the midwest. It was an effort
to find the NA multipliers in the log. Lots of backscatter and patience waiting
for the right time to call. Bands were quiet and the signals easy to decode.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and see you during the Phone and CW weekends.

73, Craig K9CT