[3830] CaQP K6TU SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6TU SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 01:49:55 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6TU
Operator(s): K6TU
Station: K6TU

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: Woodside,CA
Operating Time (hrs): 17:00

  160:
   80:   46     37
   40:   19    117
   20:  136    261
   15:  117    316
   10:   63    101
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Contest Club Calif Peninsula

Comments:

THAT - W A S F U N !!!

Rather than go all out with a new configuration, I opted for a serious but
short of full-time BIC (butt in chair) commitment. I'll put a full write up on
my blog tomorrow and post a link.

In the meantime...
- 6700 performed flawlessly
- 1222 QSO's in 17 hours...
9 dupes where dupes called me
381 CW QSO's
832 PH QSO's
55 multipliers - missed NT, VT and HI (HI from CA?????)
154,385 points cliamed

Writelog with WinKeyer for CW and Macros
Writelog with PC sound card for Voice Keyer
Writelog with SmartCAT for radio control
DDU V3 for station integration with Alpha 9500 and SteppIR DB-18E
FlexControl and K6TU iPad Control
RadioSport RS-60CF headset - the most comfortable bar none I've tried to date.

A word about the radio...

CQP is a busy contest - the bands are full - not as full as they can be but its
still a battle for elbow space. Operating adjacent to high power stations is
expected and I wasn't disappointed. But even seeing the signals on the pan
adaptor, the clean ones I couldn't hear AND the weakest, of weakest callers
still popped out of the noise.

This radio simply ROCKS!

What is also very cool is the fatigue factor - its WAY, WAY less, In my first
review of the 6700 I said that the radio was the clearest I've ever used and it
is! I still loath this non-scientific discussion but you have to use this radio
in battle to experience it.

Woo-hoo!!!!!!! - Thanks for all the Q's!
Stu K6TU