[3830] CaQP K3FIV/6 SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3fiv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K3FIV/6 SOFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 21:32:25 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: K3FIV/6
Operator(s): K3FIV
Station: K3FIV/6

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: CM88eu
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0      0
   80:   32     91
   40:   88     28
   20:  121     16
   15:  162     51
   10:   54     13
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Redwood Empire DX Assoc

Comments:

Wow.  This was not my normal contest experience in my quest to see what you can
do with just 100W and a dipole. It was a contest of "never happens"
happening.

CQP is the only contest in which I do much CQing.  Congratulations to all the
stations who pulled my weak signal out -- especially the EU stations.   Looking
at the spotting history, I noticed that I was even spotted from EU, which has
never happened before.  It was refreshing to work EU on CW and SSB.   Often
they were the loudest signals on the band!

We really should pay more attention to ten meters.   I periodically checked 10
and saw little or no activity.  But I tried CQing for a few minutes anyway, and
picked up a handful of stations each time.  One time it was N8NA in DE -- which
is one of the multiplers I usually miss.  Another time it was DL5AXX -- I never
get answers from EU to my CQs.   There were a lot more contacts to be had on
10M, if anybody was around.

Kudos to the QRP stations who worked me.  You got a good signal in to coastal
California to my wire up 30 feet, and you have good ears on your end too.

80M is the only band I ever feel "loud" on.   Had a run of 49 Qs at a
rate of 136/hour. That also never happens to me.

All in all, a good contest.  I didn't make quite as many Qs as last year.  It
seemed like activity was lower, despite the propagation.  Or maybe the skip was
so long I just wasn't hearing "local" stations on this continent.

Lots of fun.  Let's do it again......

73,
/Jack de K3FIV/6
Rig: Flex-3000 100W
Ant: 80M Carolina Windom, about 30 feet high
QTH: Point Arena, CA CM88eu