[3830] CaQP K2QO SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2qo@me.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K2QO SOFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 00:09:56 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: K2QO
Operator(s): K2QO
Station: K2QO

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:
   80:    4
   40:   34
   20:   67     50
   15:   50     28
   10:   33     39
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

Fun contest with 10 and 15 open during the day. As usual, Murphy struck at the
start with a dead (read cheap eBay) USB=>Serial converter. Converted the
RIGblaster Advantage to the K3 settings and installed the WinKeyer USB. First
real effort here with Skookum Logger and K3. The first 1/2 hour was ruff as I
did not really read and understand the manual and the F11, Command-F11, Opt-F11
thing. GOT IT NOW! My apologies in advance for the first many Qs where I may
have handed out bad serial numbers. I got that fixed by Q #12 or so and now
grok Skookum pretty well.

Activity from CA seemed good but I had a tough time finding the /M guys to get
a county sweep, leaving 8 on the table. I heard Siskiyou doing S&P but
could not get him to move for a Q. Oh well, that would have still left 7.

W6TA, Stu, asked me to confirm my state suggesting I was in MI. His DB had me
there from a vacation to northern MI two years ago. My XYL drove on Saturday
while I worked 15M. That is some fancy DB work for sure.

The NYQP is in 2 weeks and I plan a full 12 hour effort. Hope everyone stops by
for a QSO!

Setup here:
K3/100
F12 C4E
220' CF dipole
WinKeyer USB
RIGblaster
MacMini running SkookumLogger 1.7 (If you have a Mac, give this a try after
reading the manual. It is fully featured and can be customized to your liking.)