[3830] Oceania CW N5AW/0 SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5aw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Oceania CW N5AW/0 SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 15:21:20 +0000
                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: N5AW/0
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW/0

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:   2     2
   20:   1     1
   15:   2     2
   10:   4     4
-------------------
Total:   9     9  Total Score = 243

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

We are at our second home in Archuleta County, CO for just a few days and only
had
QRP rigs available - an ATS-4 for 40/20/15 and an old Tentec Argosy for 10
meters. Somewhere beween 3 and 5 watts on each band to a Butternut vertical. We
are also on the east side of a hill which makes working the Pacific even more
difficult. Called many, many stations who could not hear me. Many thanks to
those (like NH2T and ZL90DX) who persisted to copy my weak signal at the
expense of rate. A few could tell I was there but couldn't pull me through.
Actually the high point of the contest was working 5X1NH on 20 meters Saturday
evening even though he was not valid for the contest.