[3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:45:22 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: U.S. Virgin Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 214  Total Score = 1,865

Club:

Comments:

An early local sunset opening to Europe with some signals stronger the East
Coast big guns especially DL4UNY and GM3POI.  It was possible to work European
stations most of the night and 28 Europeans made it into my log but their
sunrise peak never happened just as the city power failed here at 0630Z and did
not return till past my sunrise. I decided to get some sleep hoping the power
would return but that didn't happen. I have a back up generator but it only
will do the exciter and I am sure this would have been a futile effort for a
few contacts. As a result I missed KL7, KH6, and the reliable ZL3IX for nice
distance contacts.  Worked two Africans and only two South Americans.  Normally
the PY's are easy to work but none were heard.

Rig:  Icom 7410
      Alpha 87A
Antenna(s) 80 foot Rohn 45 with 30 foot stinger on top for TX
           10 Beverages (3) bi-directional 600-900 feet long
           using ladder line (DX-Engineering) and WD-1A with KD9SV boxes.