[3830] IaQP K0PC SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0pc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IaQP K0PC SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 22:54:28 +0000
                    Iowa QSO Party

Call: K0PC
Operator(s): K0PC
Station: K0PC

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: IA
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:
   40:    225
   20:    265
   15:    118
   10:     14
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
------------------------
Total:    622       0  Mults = 57  Total Score = 71,008

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

It was another beautiful fall day in northwest Iowa for the 2013 IAQP.
This year not only was the sun out but the sunspots made an
appearance.  I don't know how long it has been since I made a QSO
Party QSO on 10M but the streak is broken. My driver John W9DND and I
ran a 21 county route and were able to stay very close to our
schedule.

Participation was very good again this year. Of the 622 QSOs there
were 158 unique calls. The propagation allowed DX stations to be
heard all day on several bands.

The Top Five list for QSOs:
49 - N6MU
37 - OM2VL
36 - K0MPH
22 - W8CAG
20 - WA2VYA

21 County Clean Sweep:
21 - K0MPH
21 - N6MU
19 - OM2VL
16 - W8CAG
15 - WA2VYA

Special recognition goes to Roger K0MPH who decided to ignore the
leaves in his yard and follow us around all day. Roger was about
200 miles away so he had a great signal on 40M but 20M was ESP
level at best. Roger copied our mobile signal on 20M in 16 of the
21 counties. Just an amazing accomplishment from that close.

Thanks for all the QSOs and we hope to be back in IA again next
fall.

73,
Pat K0PC & John W9DND