[3830] JARTS AA5AU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa5au@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] JARTS AA5AU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 03:45:19 +0000
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

   80:   24    10
   40:   46    27
   20:  199    48
   15:  413    87
   10:  323    74
-------------------
Total: 1005   246  Total Score = 641,814

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted in this one but conditions were
very good and hard to stay away from the radio. Since I wasn't able to do a
full effort I went ahead and dusted off the cobwebs and fired up the
amplifiers.

Very nice high band (10 & 15 meter) conditions. Best contact was VU2NKS on
15 meters. He was spotted on ten but I never heard him on that band. The MUF
must have been very high because 20 was not very good either day. The low bands
were extremely noisy Saturday night (missed Friday night).

It's funny how I've been in what seems like hundreds of these RTTY contests and
they still continue to be fun for me. Looking forward to WAE. Hopefully I can do
a full effort in that one and hope for conditions as good as we had this
weekend.

Icom IC-756 PRO III - Ameritron amplifier 400 watts
Kenwood TS-870 - Ameritron amplifier 400 watts

3-element SteppIR @ 45'
2-element SteppIR @ 35'
40 meter inverted vee @ 40'
80 meter inverted vee @ 40'