[3830] JARTS IW1AYD(@IQ1RY) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iw1ayd@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] JARTS IW1AYD(@IQ1RY) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:12:36 +0000
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: IW1AYD
Operator(s): IW1AYD
Station: IQ1RY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Bra
Operating Time (hrs): 40

   80:  261    47
   40:  555    76
   20:  375    74
   15:  634    92
   10:  425    77
-------------------
Total: 2250   366  Total Score = 2,044,110

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Great time. Great friends.
TU all for the fun. Also to who have had the patience to wait my SO2R timings
... I am still learning, it's just my 3rd attempt.
I was operating from the IQ1RY premises, not so far away from home. A bunch of
friendly Om left me alone Wednesday at 1 UTC and the world so fas was open for
40 great hours of operating time. Everything went working flawlessly, some
minor inconvenience to my health, but I managed to survive and be almost ready
at the keyboard. N1MM Logger was anytime perfectly working and my age ... the
JARTS remembers me that ... went helped from a 24" monitor. Some real
estate is really welcome on SO2R operations,
This time I used two K3, I have not to say anything that isn't well known: it's
a marvel.
Just one note, it was really hard to stay on any RUN QRG, the K3 is definitely
too tight in TX since the last new firmware. But I badly need it in RX. BTW
several ones went no more than 500/1000 Hz from me, but I clearly had theirs
larger signals rattling even with the 400Hz or the 250Hz (raffle a 300Hz)
filters. That's nightmare. I seemed to be a ghost. On the other hand I figured
out that when the watermelon truck was unloading I could stay in between all
other cousins. Nobody cared of me, but after a while someone other come on
trying to smash it all.
Well this would mean that I loose some of you with the lowest QSA. But there
wasn't quite anybody with low QSA, prop was good. Even if I don't trusted the
10m that much on the late afternoons. Too much crowd, not that much answers
back. So each days I left early the 10 for 20 and 15.

Having a two direction take off helped a lot, to West - US and yo East EU/JA.
But worsened the watermelons effect, it's a balance as you all well know.

 AGN TU ALL, CU you in the next contest.

               73 de iw1ayd Salvo