[3830] IlQP W9GRS(W9KVR) Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IlQP W9GRS(W9KVR) Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 04:24:51 +0000
                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: W9GRS
Operator(s): W9KVR
Station: W9GRS

Class: Fixed LP
QTH: Watseka
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

  160:     0         0
   80:     0         0
   40:     0        97
   20:     0        25
   15:     0         0
   10:     0         0
    6:     0         0
    2:     0         0
------------------------
Total:     0       122  Mults = 67  Total Score = 8,174

Club: Iroquois County Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

I was able to test out our new antenna location at the school station before
heading to my daughter's 7th birthday party.  I was able to find a spot on 40
and enjoyed being on the receiving end of a pile-up for a change (hoping to do
it again this week with school club round-up!).  Our dipole is strung up
between trees overhanging out roof and did surprisingly well.  I spent just
over an hour on 40m then switched to 20m to test the vertical.  Caught a few
southern and east coast stations.  Before I knew it, it was time to head out.

It was nice to know the school equipment works after a long summer being
dormant.  Thanks for all the Q's and hope to work you this week during the ARRL
SCR!

-Troy W9KVR

School Station:
Rig: TS-480SAT (100 Watts)
Antennas: Cushcraft R-6000 6-20m Vertical secured 12 feet above ground level on
steel girder classroom roof; Alpha-Delta 40/80/160 dipole stretched horizontal
between trees N-S 6 feet above roof deck
Amplifier: No Amps Needed Here!