[3830] CQWW SSB N8XX SOSB/10 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N8XX SOSB/10 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 18:18:04 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: SOSB/10 QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 2.66

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  55     13       30
------------------------------
Total:  55     13       30  Total Score = 6,278

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Started out on 20 meters because I figured 10 would be nil, but it was too
crowded.  Wound up on 10 meters.  It was buzzing like crazy, and, besides, the
stations in Europe (mainly) and elsewhere (some of he time) could acually hear
me!

Since I had made only one Q on 20 meters, I decided to apply only for 10 meter
contest.  I can say that 11 meters (back when it was a novice band) and 10
meters is one band "really for" the QRP ops, because when it is open
you can work the world with 5 watts and a wet noodle.

The 10 metre band stayed open till after local dark, though it was like pulling
hen's teeth to get anyone to hear me after about 2100Z