[3830] CQWW SSB N1CC SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N1CC SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 23:20:53 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    9     5        6
   40:   52    14       30
   20:  192    27       88
   15:  324    33      102
   10:  523    32      119
------------------------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:  FT-990 110W.  Antennas:  Force 12 C-3 @ 63'; DX-LB @ 50'; DX Engineering
43' Vertical with base tuner and 20 radials.

Attempted to improve the low band scores, however, could not get the antenna up
"right".  It will be replaced - since I have room now - will full size
dipoles after its poor performance this weekend.

Lost 4 hours of evening time due to overhead thunderstorms on Saturday.
Conditions were consistant - above any others in the current solar cycle.

For myself the new antenna and home location allowed me to double my previous
high score in the same 24-hours I operated in 2012.  I added 3 more hours cause
it was so much fun as an operationn.

20 Meters was a disappointment among the higher bands, part of that may be that
so many stations were able to get extended hours on 15 and even on 10 meters.

The mix included 131 CQ Countries, a better than 40 QPH average - all 100%
S&P.  Contact rate never slowed down enough to WANT to try and run!