[3830] CQWW SSB AA3K SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa3k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AA3K SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 03:32:20 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AA3K
Operator(s): AA3K
Station: AA3K

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Pennsylvania
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   56    12       37
   40:  104    20       53
   20:  285    31       92
   15:  276    29      103
   10:  962    30      117
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

A new personal best!

Conditions were amazing.

A great discussion on the club's e-mail reflector convinced me I should try
running on 10m from my small station.  I tried.  After about a dozen calls I
was about to give up when the flood gates opened.  By the time the onslaught
slowed I had over 600,000 points.  A second run took me over 1 million just 20
hours into the contest.  Normally I do not see that until around 36 hours.  Two
more runs brought the score to about 2 million.  Search and Pounce (my normal
method) brought me the rest of the way.

Being called by a VU2 during one of my runs (and as loud as the EUs):
priceless!  Breaking pileups with one call: priceless!  Having beam stuck to
the south for the last two hours: not so good.  Fortunately that will be a
relatively easy fix.

I now wish I had put up the 160m antenna.  It probably would have added another
100K  to the score.