[3830] CQWW SSB K7RF SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K7RF SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 06:04:40 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7RF
Operator(s): K7RF
Station: K7RF

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 15:42

  160:
   80:
   40:   33    17       25
   20:   85    24       55
   15:  115    26       58
   10:  149    22       54
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Very difficult and disappointing contest for me despite the great band
conditions.  100% S&P operation this year.  Guess I didn't need to build
those vocal memory files.  Never felt I had a decent signal, spent minutes
calling Asia and Pacific stations when normally those Q's are pretty much a
slam dunk.  But, every cloud has a silver lining I suppose.  Two highlights
were finding 9K2HN calling CQ with a good signal and no callers (?)!  Couldn't
figure that out, listened to three CQ's trying to decide if I had the call
correct. Thanks, Hamad.  Second was breaking the XW0YJY pile in the last few
minutes of the contest after having tried several times earlier with no
success.  Thanks, Champ!  And thanks to all the ops who struggled to copy my
call.

K3
TenTec Titan
3 el Steppir @ 50'