[3830] CQWW SSB K4XS SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K4XS SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:36:11 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: K4XS

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

  160:   35    16       29
   80:  100    23       74
   40:  563    34      109
   20: 1200    39      137
   15:  685    38      136
   10: 1976    37      144
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

On Wednesday I started getting a cold and by Friday I had a sore throat...not
good for a SSB contest.  Constant throat gargles with Listerine did the trick
and helped a lot.  This was first venture into the iron man CQWW all band
assisted...at age 67!  48 hours was the plan, but around 4 AM Sunday morning I
knew I needed a 45 minute nap.  That was the only time off.

As others noted, conditions were excellent.  This category is a learning
experience and I  and I got more comfortable with it as I went along.  Seeing
the band map on N1MM slowly change from all green to red and then blue is
really cool.  Seeing all the green posts on N1MM is like being a kid in a candy
score

The contest was a blast and aside from being tired I never really felt fatigued
or bored as there was always action.