[3830] CQWW SSB CR3A M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ct1boh@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB CR3A M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 12:11:10 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: CR3A
Operator(s): CT1BOH CT3BD CT3DL CT3DZ CT3EE CT3IA CT3KU
Station: CR3A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: IM12JU
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   113    13       51
   80:   376    24       91
   40:  1033    33      115
   20:  2407    38      153
   15:  2425    39      151
   10:  4014    40      165
-------------------------------

Club: CT3 Madeira Contest Team

Comments:

Set-up:

Two radios (one RUN and one Mult)
160 - Inverted V
80 - Sloping Dipole
40 - 2 el + 2 el
20 - 5 el + 4 el
15 - 5 el + 5 el
10 - 5 el + 5 el
Two beverages USA/AF + EU,AS/SA

Excellent conditions on all the bands! We had a blast!

With the flux so high and great band conditions it is great to be in zone 33 -
the zone of the records.

We arrived at the station Friday and only had one day to set-up things:

- erect a tower to hold a new 4 el on 20 meter to replace a broken one.

- set up two stations, one radio for the run station and another radio for
multiplier station

- tune the 160 meter inverted V

- assemble two beverages, that were only operational the second day of the
contest due to lack of time.

With CT1BOH, CT3DL, CT3EE and CT3IA taking care of the RUN station, and this
group and CT3BD, CT3DZ and CT3KU taking care of the mult station, there was
great team work and spirit. It was great to see Miguel CT3IA show up and help
with the RUN for a couple of shifts. Hopefully we will see more of Miguel in
the coming years.

Kudos to CT3DL that had to do the last 5 hours of the contest on the RUN
station  alone because CT1BOH had to fly home early and CT3EE had to go to
airport work.

It seems our record was broken - congratulations to CN2AA team.
I guess we have to return next year.

73 CT3 Madeira Contest Team
CT1BOH (José), CT3BD (Teixeira), CT3DL (Luis), CT3DZ (Faria), CT3EE (Luis),
CT3IA (Miguel), CT3KU (Tiago)