[3830] CQWW SSB LZ9W M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB LZ9W M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 20:41:20 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD LZ1PM LZ1UQ LZ1ANA LZ1FG LZ1PJ LZ1BMV LZ1CJU LZ2HQ LZ2PO
LZ2CJ LZ2UX LZ2GL LZ3FM LZ3UM LZ5VV
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   387    10       57
   80:  1767    27      104
   40:  2650    38      129
   20:  3516    40      159
   15:  2435    38      134
   10:  1807    40      140
-------------------------------

Club: LZ Contest Team

Comments:

As usual CQWW SSB is a rehearsal for us before CQWW CW. Most of LZ9W ops are CW
ops and we use SSB part for checking out equipment and to test new devices.
It seems that condx this year favored Northern Europe on high bands and this
could be easily seen when  one looks at our QSO nos on 15 and 10m.
400 QSO less on 15m and almost 1000 QSO less on 10m compared to our 2012 score.

40m was one big "ZOO" on SSB.I'd say it's even a bigger torture to
operate 40m on SSB then top band, especially from our part of Europe.
There were a good moments, too. We are glad to conclude that our 3 el yagi on
80m still rules in Europe ;-). Also the new rotor controlling devices made by
company of our fellow LZ hams passed the harsh test nicely and are here to
stay.

THANKS to all who called us and see you all next month in CW part of CQ WW.

73, Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W contest team