[3830] CQWW SSB VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 17:09:20 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

  160:  110    10       32
   80:  193    12       43
   40:  117    22       69
   20: 1049    35      112
   15: 1142    37      123
   10: 1533    32      117
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

The last few years I've done a SB(A) on 15m. This year I decided to go AB(A)
because I just got a Shared Apex Loop Array from Array Solutions and I wanted
to try it out. All I can say is "Whoa, this thing works." I have a
DXEngineering RX 4 Square. I wanted to test it using an A/B switch, but I
didn't have the right adapters.  After testing the Loop Array and then swapping
it out for the RX 4 Square, I decided to just use the Loop Array because it
seemed much better. I'm getting the adapters so I can do a real A/B test next
trip to PEI.

If the Dodgers had made it to the World Series, I wouldn't have made it to PEI
for this contest. They didn't and I made the trip, but knew I was going to
watch the game Saturday night, so this wouldn't be an all out effort. I was
planning on 36 - 40 hours. When my TX 80m 4 square broke Saturday night, I cut
back my time ambitions further. I really didn't operate 34 hours as Writelog
indicates, because during the World Series I would go in the shack between
innings and pick off some mults. I took lots of short breaks on Sunday that
didn't get counted as offtime.

Lots of zone 22. 15 & 20 m were bumper to bumper from 14100/21100 to the
top of the band. 10m was crowded up at 29.100. Amazing activity.

I sure hope conditions are this good for CQWW CW.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT