[3830] CQWW SSB IG9Y M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pc5a@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IG9Y M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 23:52:52 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: IG9Y
Operator(s): HA1YA JH5GHM N3BNA PC5A PE1ITR RC0F RT4RO S50X S52RU S54W S57DX
S57UN S59A VE3LA
Station: IG9Y

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Lampedusa AF-019
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   405    12       65
   80:  1631    28       98
   40:  2317    32      110
   20:  3701    39      160
   15:  2394    39      137
   10:  3057    40      152
-------------------------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

IG9Y 2013 project started one year ago and ended as a true field day operation:
the contest location provided only a shelter, all other stuff like antennas and
equipment was brought by the team by road from Slovenia or by air. Also the
power came from a portable solution; a rented 50kW generator.

With 13 operators we entered in the Multi/Multi category with one station per
band from this nice location: all antennas were located a few (10ths) of meters
from the 90m high cliffs on the north side of the island of Lampedusa (AF-019).

160M: dipole, 400m beverage
80M:  4-square & dipole, 2x reversable beverages (174m each)
40M:  4-square & dipole
20M:  2x 14OWA4 by EAntenna
15M:  2x 21LFA4 by EAntenna
10M:  4ELE Yagi and 3ELE delta loop

We are very pleased with the result given the circumstances and we will now
build upon this first experience. Expect us back in 2014 for both SSB and CW.

More info and pictures/video's can be found on the IG9Y website.

Thanks for all QSO's, the entire team had a blast!

73
IG9Y-Team.