[3830] CQWW SSB CJ7RR(VA7RR) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7rr@telus.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB CJ7RR(VA7RR) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 02:59:14 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: CJ7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VE7SZ

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 3614    38      119
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

First and foremost, many thanks to Allan, VE7SZ, for the use of his FB station.

    This was a weekend of very good 15 meter conditions. The operating plan of
running whenever possible produced a really nice QSO total, but maybe not as
many mults as I could or should have worked. The band was open from sunrise to
about 10 pm both nights, but there were no midnight polar openings that we
sometimes get when the bands are really cooking.
    The station and antennas worked very well for most of the contest - the
only big issue was loss of control of the top antenna of the stack just before
sunrise on Sunday.  We ended up getting it fixed due east until the Europeans
started coming through, then finessing it up to 30 degrees for the European
opening, and finally coaxing it back down to 90 degrees for the rest of the
contest. With poorer conditions I think this would have been disastrous, but
not as much so with the good propagation.
    Thanks to all for the QSOs and see you again on the CW weekend.

73,
Gary  VA7RR