[3830] CQWW SSB N2GC SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2gc@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N2GC SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 05:14:04 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2GC
Operator(s): N2GC
Station: N2GC

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    2     2        2
   80:   90    13       45
   40:  106    18       57
   20:  203    24       80
   15:  220    25       76
   10:  290    25       83
------------------------------
Total:  911   107      343  Total Score = 1,147,950

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Two thumbs up for the classic category. I would vote yes for adding an assisted
classic as well. Like me I am sure many contesters have to work on weekends and
taking off for SSB is out of the question.  Even though I could not operate
during the most optimum hours because of my schedule I did push myself to
operate at least 24 hours. So this contest you could count me as one who
operated a few more hours because of the classic category.

This was also the first contest with a newly built operating desk. I was still
rewiring the station while the contest started and had no time to test each
band for RFI issues as I would find out when I went to 80 meters.  RF was
getting into the computer and wiping out the audio from the sound card.  I took
an hour off to try and fix it by adding ferrite to some of the cables but no
luck.  I decided I wasted enough time and did not use the DVK on 80 the rest of
the weekend. Looking back at the log I think I will also lose that our as an off
time by 1 minute so my classic score will probably go down. I had more RFI
issues when I went to 10 meters.  I had a nice run going and all of a sudden
the PTT would not let go. Not realizing that the mike was still live I think a
few choice words may have made it over the air while I was in a panic trying to
unkey the rig:( I had to turn everything off and reboot the computer. It seems
to be a winkey issue as I got winkey.putint error message. Anyone reading this
know what that means? Hopefully I will have everything fixed by the CW weekend.
Oh and no work for me that weekend 48 here we come!

73 Mike N2GC