[3830] SS CW VY1EI Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tree@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW VY1EI Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 04:24:13 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VY1EI
Operator(s): N6TR VY1EI
Station: VY1EI

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: YT
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Remote Operation

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  106
   20:  397
   15:  617
   10:  168
------------

Club:

Comments:

Many thanks to Eric for letting me pilot his station via remote control.  We
used Elecraft K3s on both ends of the internet - with remote rig interfaces.
This is the first time I have used this setup - and I was very impressed.  Our
ping times were around 60 ms - and I could almost send code listening to my
transmitted signal at 30 WPM.  I did all of the operating, but Eric took care
of tuning the amp and keeping an eye on packet - so we were multi.

There is a short youtube video showing you his end of the operation -

Our goal was to set a new Canadian Record for the M category - and it looks
like we achieved our goal.

Conditions were good for most of the contest.  I was averaging over 100
QSOs/hour through the first six hours.  However, the rates on Sunday were lower
than expected.  I started the day ahead of my KL7RA effort from 3 years ago -
but ended up over 150 QSOs behind.  I guess there is not an unlimited supply of
people looking for the NT multiplier.

Very fun to experience operating the contest from NT while sitting at home.

73 Tree N6TR