[3830] SS CW K5YAA/M Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K5YAA/M Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 04:26:52 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5YAA/M
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   23
   40:  348
   20:  278
   15:  263
   10:   32
------------

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Came in from the mobile and dozens already posted here so staying up a bit to
get mine in too.

95% CQing from my mobile - took a look around now and then to see what a band
sounded like but mostly just ran. Wanted to see what a Tarheel would do from
the middle of the country.  Pleased but it doesn't work like a few yagis at
greater heights with a second radio.  A handful of times had more than one
caller but never a real strong run with the mobile set up.  Got a few PREC?
queries what with the B precedence in a mobile.  Otherwise - all ops took to
the /M on my call in stride.

Didn't have a VY1 or VO1 call me so missed those for a sweep.  Many many Q guys
out there.  Somebody sold a lot of tuna cans.  Some very good signals and QSO
numbers however from Q stations as VE9AA noted. Several KL7s.  Can't think of a
section that didn't call in - (minus VY1 and VO1).  Several EWA stations which
was apparently a tough one for some.  Three or four of all Canadian prefixes
(minus VY1 and VO1) except VE5 and VE6.

Had a good ride in this one.  Thanks for giving me a call.  One of my last QSOs
was with Bill K0DEQ on 80 meters.  Have been working Bill for many many years in
the CW SS.  Logged several 59 Checks too.  A good year for ham radio.

73 'til the next one.  Jerry K5YAA

Rig: K3, Tokyo HP Amp and a Tarheel antenna. N1MM logging.