[3830] SS CW K2NNY(K2DB) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2db@k2db.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K2NNY(K2DB) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 13:15:01 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K2NNY
Operator(s): K2DB
Station: K2NNY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NNY
Operating Time (hrs): 22.7

------------
  160:    1
   80:  129
   40:  616
   20:  142
   15:   69
   10:   28
------------

Club: Rochester (NY) DX Association

Comments:

I had a BLAST, only thing is that I over slept on my time off periods. I tried
to stay on for the entire 24 hours, but it didn't happen. OH well, that's what
happens when you try and stay on for 24 out of 30 hours. I did have fun, it is
definitely different when the upper bands are open. We normally have our most
q's on 80 meters, but this year it was 40. I did my best to get everyone the
NNY section, did a lot of s & P instead of running this year. It was a nice
experiment, and I think the control up & down arrows got a real workout on
N1MM. If you were CQ'ing, you probably worked K2NNY, with CW Skimmer and VE7CC
software, you cannot hide, I will find you. I did do a few hours of CQing, but
the rates were slower than in the past, probably because I did the s & p
routine. Murphy was here again this year, he ALWAYS strikes and this year was
no different, he struck on Friday, with the 60 mph winds, everything was OK,
except the tree that held up one end of the 80 meter inverted vee blew over and
broke the rope that held the center support of the antenna at the top of the
tower in the pulley. Yeh, the pulley is still up there hihi. Had to go out in
the 40 degree temp, with a pouring rain on Saturday morning and put it back up.
Not on the tower this time, I am too old to climb in that kind of WX, so out
came the fishing pole with a heavy weight. We got it back up in the pine trees
at about 50 feet. I need to fix the back-light on the 746Pro display, it is a
pain in the butt to have to look at N1MM to see where you are!.
I only have one QSO that I know I may get dinged on, with W7WMO, propagation
went screwy and he dropped out on my end, I think he got my info, I know I got
his hihi. I had to laugh a few times, several stations giving me a Q precedent
and being 20 to 40 over nine on my end, asked me to repeat my info several
times when I have a PRO67B pointing down their throat and running 150 watts,
makes you think huh? (Maybe there was QRM on their end?)
Any others I get dinged on are MY FAULT, I hope I didn't have too many
"FAT FINGERS". The worst QRM I had here was local, in the shack, with
my Dad yelling at the TV when our Steelers were getting their butts handed to
them by the Patriots! He wasn't too happy with the Buffalo Bills either. All
those multi-op stations out here need to have the rig control set so that the S
& P transmitter has control, not the run station, you drive the the CQing
station nuts with the herky jerky exchanges, you know what I mean. Made me
laugh a few times!
 73 Paul K2DB @ K2NNY.