[3830] SS CW K5WA(@AB5K) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5wa@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K5WA(@AB5K) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 15:33:26 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: AB5K

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  115
   40:  295
   20:  369
   15:  322
   10:  122
------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

I had the opportunity to run the fantastic station of Terry, AB5K, this year.
While sitting in the operating chair you can look out the window and see ALL
the super antennas/towers Terry has assembled on his 99 acres.  What a great
radio location.  I made a few silly band selection choices and certainly didn't
pilot this fine station like it deserved.  After a bumpy start settling in to a
new station, my first 9 hours put me ahead of my last year's score and I
thought I was going to make it to the 1300 level scores but the rest of SS was
a real struggle almost as if all the players went home.  I never had those nice
45-90 minute mini runs of high rate new contacts on Sunday that I expected but
was lucky enough to finally find one in the last 20 minutes of my operating
time to eek out a 1200 level score.  It was also interesting to see the
difference in conditions from my home STX location and Terry's NTX location.

I want to thank Terry for hosting me with his wonderful hospitality and to his
faithful companions, Avalanche and Grayson.  Avalanche is a 100 pounds white
shaggy dog that protects her property with extreme vigilance.  Grayson is a
"management" cat that keeps Alanche focused on the job.  They are
quite a pair.

See you in SS SSB.

Bob K5WA