[3830] SS CW K4GM SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K4GM SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 00:32:38 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4GM
Operator(s): K4GM
Station: K4GM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

------------
  160:    0
   80:  170
   40:   72
   20:  243
   15:   11
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Intended to make a short effort but once I got into it, the drive to 83 sections
took over and I ended up spending 13 hours spread over the contest period. Only
one OCF dipole with a K3 and 700 watt amp. Had a clean sweep by the 6th hour.
After that decided to head for 80k points which I reached.  For some reason I
always have a great time in SS. Probably goes back to teenage years in the 60s
with paper logs, etc.  Doubt I will play in the SSB SS.  What struck me in this
one was the low noise with big sigs on 80m AND how many QRPers boomed in on all
bands.

73, George K4GM