[3830] WAE RTTY W4PK Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4PK@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY W4PK Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 01:34:24 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 29
Radios: SO2R

   80:  106   106     0   108
   40:  327   327   140   180
   20:  311   311   289   148
   15:  446   446   480   166
   10:  255   255   387   110
-------------------------------
Total: 1445  1445  1296   712  Total Score = 1,951,592

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

There were super conditions on Saturday morning with stations from Europe
banging in on 20M and 15M at 20db over S9 or more!  On 10M they were not quite
as strong but still many were running S9+ on the meter.

I made a tactical mistake by declining to either send or receive QTC's early in
the contest, thinking that I will have plenty of opportunity to use them up
later on.  But conditions were significantly poorer on Sunday, and I had about
half of my available QTC's left by the end of the contest.

Both 40 and 80 were plagued with noise and poor copy, and as a result I went to
bed early both nights.

This year 15M was my best band, and on late on Saturday afternoon I had
contacts with JA, HL, YB, DU(!), BY, VK, ZL, and several other far-east
stations.  I was even able to exchange QTC's with several JA stations!  But
come Sunday it was a different story.  I only heard one JA station and he was
calling someone else.

I had fun, thanks for all the Q's and especially thanks for putting up with my
occasional goof-ups!

73, Sam W4PK