[3830] WAE RTTY IW1AYD(@IQ1RY) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iw1ayd@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY IW1AYD(@IQ1RY) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 15:43:52 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: IW1AYD
Operator(s): IW1AYD
Station: IQ1RY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Bra
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

   80:  240   240    30   184
   40:  422   422   151   222
   20:  404   404   250   144
   15:  375   375   381   160
   10:  202   202   310    94
-------------------------------
Total: 2766  2766  1123   804  Total Score = 2,223,864

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Well, TU all for the Q's, QSO+QTC.
I didn't recalled witch call already wrote me: NO QTC. So I keep asking each
time, don't say it's a waste of time as looking for those calls elsewhere could
also a waste of time ... Someone was telling so far:
IW1AYD 599 ### ### NO QTC
Great and neat! There where several unusual episodes when asking RX or TX of
QTC, also by me when nothing was working. It's the WAE game, a great one. For
sure.

But also TU to have had the patience on the 9th, the whole night and day, to
support me frantically trying to send QTC's and never been able to do. The K3,
both, went dead several times, when TXing, with an internal communication
error. Even at LP, even "at you name it - try this". Until the late
evening of 9th I was almost asking to RX. Nothing helped me to troubleshoot on
the fly this fault ... also the problem seemed to be erratic about bands and
other amenities. So, just before bed, I realized that there was a parameter
inside the radio sub windows of the microham " Poll .." disabling it
cured that gizmo.
The 10th was much better but me feel is that I loose too much time,
nevertheless it was a pure pleasure to be there with all of you. But not with
those that have signals widest more than 1 KHz, there are a lot. With my poor
and tight FSK I suffered a lot and almost all are from my near East. Have a
look to the RBN's to see how many times i moved up and down on the bands.
Looking at the P3, after not funny rattles earing, was a picture of the hell.

SRY for whom I didn't read the late evening of the 10th on 40m band. I had a
severe prop distortion for each incoming signal. Northern signals where
absolutely awful. Signal coming from North-East land signal where merely
affected, like W/VE land. No effect at all for signal coming from South-East,
like PY.

So I have a lot to do, troubleshooting my setup just started. The direction
seem clear: any/some interrupt/s from the serial port to the K3 kill it.
BTW this isn't happening when false TXing, 1 W or 500 W it's the same.
Something it's worse and each of the K3 die alone when TXing long messages.
SW & HW used was "almost", AFAIK, the same setup as for the
JARTS, even the chair, and there wasn't any single glitch ...
Yes, now what? I will discover, I hope. My dummy load would became hot!

    TU all, ciao!

            73 de iw1ayd Salvo