[3830] SS SSB N1CC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N1CC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 00:56:21 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 21

------------
  160:    0
   80:   42
   40:  102
   20:  236
   15:  281
   10:  164
------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FT-990 100W to Force 12 C3 at 63' and Alpha-Delta DX-LB at 50' apex.

Generally good conditions and lack of thunderstorms allowed operation to reach
a new peak for me.  Although I am not the top of the pile in NTX I beat my own
goals and will place well.

The last multiplier was NL - and VO1GO answered my cq to complete.  VO1KVT was
on earlier, however, the packet bunch followed him around and I think he got
fed up with the "no wait" behavior that we have seen going on with
packet pile ups.  I could not bust through the many hundreds of callers before
VO1KVT pulled the plug.  So it took 20-hours to make the sweep.  90% of the
mults answered my CQ on the run frequencies, only 7 were found with S&P.

I was able to run on 40 though 10, and if 10-meter conditions had held up on
Sunday I think my score would have been a good bit better.

I stopped the first night at 0530 with 334 QSO and 79 mults in the log.  That
was about 8.5 hours into the operation. I sat a solid 12.5 hours in the chair
to make the nearly 500 additional contacts - mostly running.

There is still more to do to improve the 80/40 system before next fall.