[3830] SS SSB N6DB(@W6YX) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rebar@hamilton.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N6DB(@W6YX) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 02:45:28 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N6DB
Operator(s): N6DB
Station: W6YX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CM87
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  141
   40:  119
   20:  127
   15:  287
   10:  235
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great fun as always.
Some bands were a bit crowded, bu still managed several quality runs with the
help of my trusty Elecraft P3.
It was a real pleasure to operate at the Stanford W6YX station.  I shared the
station with three other operations, time slicing between antennas and bands.

A big shout out to Mike N7MH for his assistance with station setup and S&P
guidance.  Without his advice I may not have made a clean-sweep of all the
mults.

Station setup began 2 hours before the contest start.  I had to breakdown a
Ten-Tek setup on the desk to make room for my K-Line, setup the computer and
all the rig elements aka, field day style.  I guess since this station is a
Stanford satellite EOC, it makes sense that we should practice station setup on
short notice.  All-in all I had things up an running with voice keying,
pre-fills [thanks to NCCC for that special file] and super-check partial in
about one hour from start to finish.  A couple of murphy moments arose with the
selection of sound card settings, but all-in-all everything worked well enough
to get on the air at the start and fine tune along the way.

Equipment:
Elecraft K3 s/n 3680
Elecraft P3/SVGA
Elecraft KPA500
Elecraft KAT500
ICE 419 bandpass filters
Dell Computer running Windowz XP/Pro and Writelog v11.x

Various yagi and wire antennas at 'YX

Thanks again to the Stanford Amateur Radio Club for the use of their station,
ancillary equipment and accommodations.

73 de N6DB