[3830] SS SSB VY2ZM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K1ZM@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VY2ZM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 10:21:01 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): VY2ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:    9
   40:  622
   20: 1124
   15:  131
   10:  338
------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

First - I'd like to note that it was great fun to compete with those talented SS
veterans who ALWAYS set the pace in this contest - and while there are others to
be sure, I am specifically referring here to George K5TR, Mitch K7RL, NR5M,
Gator N5RZ and Hondo W7WA.  N2IC, N9RV and KH7X were not serious competitors
this year - but they are always tough to stay with when they are making a
serious entry.

Personally I had a terrible start (falling behind my best year by 150 qso's
after the first 3 hours) - but 40M was productive despite horrific crowding and
splash.  At the turn, things looked pretty much even with the big boys.  K5TR
had a slight lead and I think I was pretty much even with W7WA, K7RL and NR5M.

10m was good for me this year and I suppose that helped -  but Sunday is always
a struggle to keep the rate up.  It is hard to be in the right place -
especially with all three high bands open at the same time.  It's a crap shoot
and all you can do is keep moving to keep the rate up to where you think it
needs to be.

40m seemed the place to be at the end - simply because no one really hears me
on 80 from way out here - it is almost a throw away band most of the time in
the SS.

Thanks to all who called in - and hope the score holds up.

CU all this weekend during CQWW CW.

73 JEFF  VY2ZM