[3830] CQWW CW EI2CN SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, turnbull@net1.ie
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW EI2CN SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:45:15 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: EI2CN
Operator(s): EI2CN
Station: EI2CN

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: Ireland
Operating Time (hrs): 17h43'

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1191    35      148
------------------------------
Total: 1191    35      148  Total Score = 471,408

Club:

Comments:

On Saturday I found that runs were boring so just spent my time chasing
multipliers.  Well this is not the way to win as I only had about 300Qs on
Saturday.   Started to do the same on Sunday but there was not enough in the
way of new multipliers that I could work so went back to running.
Interesting that I tried many times to work TF but failed and then when I
started running two Icelandic station called me with good signals.   Often I
find that one works the DX when running.    Some of these fellows do not want
to be spotted and so seem to do S&P.

I never worked YB nor ZL though at least I heard ZL with a very weak signal.
Still there were QSOs through out the Pacific and Asia.   It is strange how
things work.   There were not that many JAs available to work but fortunately a
few were snagged.   AH0 and AH2 were both landed so this raised my spirits.

It was a fun contest and perhaps the last good run for ten meters in a CQWW for
a while.   The sun will decide.    Next time perhaps my efforts will be a bit
more serious.   Well this is a hobby and I enjoyed.

Thank you to all for a great contest.

K3 P3
Acom 2000A at 1500W the contest power limit for EI
4 el SteppIR at 24M or 80 ft.
MicroKeyer II and WinTest