[3830] CQWW CW AB3IC SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AB3IC SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:16:28 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AB3IC
Operator(s): AB3IC
Station: AB3IC

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   20     6       14
   40:  100    17       47
   20:  122    19       56
   15:  106    16       49
   10:   79    12       42
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Another fun and exciting contest.  As always, my goal was to improve on my score
from last year (293,112), and with the great solar conditions it wasn't terribly
hard.  This also reminds me that I really need a directional antenna.  I'm
saving my pennies and doing nice things for the XYL (sometimes mutually
exclusive goals) so maybe by this time next year I'll be able to point my
signal where it will do the most good.

There were a couple of really nice surprises, like VK2IM showing up with an
S9+40 signal on 20M, early Saturday evening, and a similar situation with
JA5FDJ on Sunday.  I'm not supposed to be able to work those guys with 100W and
a vertical antenna, especially not on the first call.

Rig: