[3830] CQWW CW N1CC SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N1CC SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:38:16 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:    5     3        3
   80:   53    12       32
   40:  148    22       64
   20:  171    28       74
   15:  279    29       95
   10:  329    26       91
------------------------------
Total:  985   120      359  Total Score = 1,320,124

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:  FT-990 100W to Force 12 C3 at 63 feet.  80/40 Fan Dipole inverted
vee configuration apex at 50' ends at 35'.  DX Engineering 43' Vertical with
tuner at base and 20 radials.  Inverted L 40' vertical, remainder horizontal is
snaked through trees with 2 elevated counterpoise radials.  MFJ 1026 for noise
cancelling.  (DX Engineering Vertical was only used as a noise antenna).

Refined antenna solutions since the SSB and Sweepstakes "learning"
operation.  Still need improvement of getting higher in the tree for the
inverted vee, and to redo the Inverted L a bit higher on the flattop portion.

This score is a personal best from Texas, and reflects the antenna improvements
and system design by K1TO as the antenna field engineer - this is the domestic
plan, so when the DX system is put into place for next year we hope to do even
better.

I had set a goal of 1.2 million points, 120 zones, 360 countries in 30 hours.
Very satisfied at the result, even though I operated an hour longer than
planned.  I was able to get good runs going on 40 through 10 and first answers
to calls made on 80 meters.  160 is, of course, not good enough.

This was enjoyable even with 4-hours timeout Sunday for the ice storm as it
spread across North Texas.  Friday night I had bested my 2012 score, so as far
as progress - this is progress.  See you all in Decembers events!