[3830] CQWW CW N5QQ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N5qq61@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N5QQ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 01:38:05 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N5QQ
Operator(s): N5QQ
Station: N5QQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:
   80:   47    15       24
   40:   60    17       35
   20:   37    14       31
   15:  167    29       77
   10:  132    24       76
------------------------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Had a chance to operate a few hours over the weekend between chores and
honey-do's. First time to operate much of CQWW CW in some time since usually
tied up with Thanksgiving.

Pretty wild condx on 10 and 15, and focused my efforts there, with limited
effort on 20m. Operating the little pistol home station I did nothing but
S&P of course, chasing band map spots. Seemed to be unlimited supply of
Q's!

Some of the Sunday pileups were embarrassing to listen to....let alone try to
work thru them.

Home station -->> one K3 with KPA500 (500w amp) and roof mounted
Butternut HF6V.

Fun time. And can't believe nothing broke. Station worked all weekend.

Ps: I did stop an hour or so Sunday to pull out the K3 and try out a TS-590 for
the first time. Got ready to hook it up then realized I didn't have the correct
7pin DIN connector for the amp keying cable to the TS590. Made about ten
100watt Q's though. Funny thing, I turned on the 590, and landed right on NM5M
calling CQ! Couldn't pass up working him with the 100w!

73
de N5QQ