[3830] CQWW CW NA1DX SOAB(A) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, doug@ellmore.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NA1DX SOAB(A) QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 02:01:09 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NA1DX
Operator(s): NA1DX
Station: NA1DX

Class: SOAB(A) QRP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:   0      0        0
   80:   6      3        3
   40:  15      9       12
   20:   5      5        5
   15:   9      7        7
   10:  49     16       38
------------------------------
Total:  84     40       65  Total Score = 21,735

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

49 Unique Countries QRP.

I didn't get much operating time at all this weekend.  I went out of town.

I got a late slow start Friday trying to work out some station operating
issues.  Saturday AM was a 5:30 am start, but looking for a rare dx station who
was supposed to be on the air.  I worked T6RH on 20m CW, but had to use 100w.
So, I didn't include that contact in the log.

Using NaP3 and the W3LPL dxcluser, I pounced on stronger multiplier signals
with the K3. I looked for the open,  but less crowded bands with big signals.
I was trying to take advantage of my antennas with gain. I figured they could
hear me without much straining.

I worked more Europe at the start.  Then when I got home Sunday evening, I
focused on 10m, then moved down.  Trying to score some Asia and south pacific
DX QRP contacts. I slid down to 40m just before the end of the contest and the
bands were filled on the scope.  I got a few contacts and then BAM, signals
dropped everywhere on NaP3.  0000 UTC.  I had a contact at 00:23 that I had to
also delete from the log.

I was having much more success on the 40m vee beam this weekend than with
Sweepstakes.

My highlight was working T6RH on 20m Saturday morning and getting a screen
shot!  Thanks Rob!

Station: K3, Mosley TA-33 Up 40' on AB-577 and MDS Rotor controller,  SSE and N
wire vee beams, wire OCF Dipole, 16.75 Vertical with remote tuner.