[3830] CQWW CW JA1BPA(@JG1ZUY) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, icko@yahoo.co.jp
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW JA1BPA(@JG1ZUY) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 22:46:44 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: JA1BPA
Operator(s): JG1VGX JM1LPN JA1BPA
Station: JG1ZUY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Chiba, JAPAN
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:    1     1        1
   80:  151    22       61
   40: 1065    39      124
   20:  475    38      120
   15: 1119    38      119
   10:  709    35       99
------------------------------

Club: University Tokyo Contest Club

Comments:

The best claimed score ever in our M/S efforts in this contest!

Saturday (UTC) was more like a solar peak propagation.  The propagation on
10mb
was not  really good, but we started with a good run on 15mb.  20mb was open
for some time after our local sunset, but 40/80mb were disappointing with
signals via the Arctic path weak and sporadic.  We had a good opening of
10/15mb toward North America after our sunrise around 21UTC.

On Sunday (UTC), the propagation gradually turned more like the mid-solar
cycle
propagation that we experienced a couple of years ago.  The other operators
left the shack around 05UTC, so I was left to run and S&P the multipliers
at
the same time.  After rather disappointing 40mb on the previous night, I had
thought that I would be able to take some sleep before the final North
America runs on 15/10mb after the sunrise, but I was too optimistic (or
pessimistic?).  It turned out that 40mb exploded after our local midnight,
and I could work Europeans all night until our sunrise.  Even 80mb had strong
signal from Northern Europe, and surprisingly MZ5B replied!  I slept only
an hour before the final North America run after the sunrise.

With sleeping for only 4 hours over 48, I was feeling dizzy and it was only
after the end of the contest that I realized that the score window of N1MM
software was showing the figure above our previous JA M/S record of 6.44M!
Of course, our final score after the reduction may well not manage to stay
above the record (the record was made in the days when there was no rigid
computer cross-checking of logs, anyway), we are satisfied with our result.

The only regret is that we did not fix our 160mb antenna before the contest.
We had a strong typhoon that hit our area in October, and the road to JG1ZUY
contest station had been closed due to landslide until one week before the
contest.  We should be thankful that we could at least participate in this
one...

This concludes my contest effort from JG1ZUY this year.  The station will be
manned by the owner, JG1ILF for ARRL 10m Contest.

Best 73,

Icko, JA1BPA