[3830] CQWW CW K6CSL SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K6CSL SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 05:25:31 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 27:40

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    4     2        1
   40:    8     7        8
   20:   19     9       12
   15:   52    16       23
   10:   37    13       15
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Ugh! Like the rest of my efforts this year, I beat last years score of 100qso's,
40 zones and 50 countries=22.500, but not 2011's score of 128qso's, 59 zones
and
68 countries=38,481. I did make a strategy change of not calling USA stations
for zone mults, instead making the domestic zone mults by working VE stations,
thus avoiding taking time with 0 point contacts. One US station, WW4LL called
me on Saturday afternoon and I didn't want to be rude by refusing the contact.
The strategy did raise my pts/QSO ratio to 2.7 from lower ratios ranging from
1.22/Q in 2009 and 2.5/Q in 2012. Certainly the biggest factor was my being 8
QSO's short of 2011 and 21 short on total mults. Looking at the 2 logs I notice
the lack of any China contacts and fewer contacts with VK and ZL. In 2011 I had
5 contacts with Chinese stations, this year none. I only heard 3 and none of
them could hear my calls. I was very surprised with my last QSO's on 10m were
9M8YY(East Maylasia) and 9M4DX(West Maylasia. I was also surprised at working 2
different stations on Ascension Island, Saturday afternoon, ZD8W at 20:46Z on
15m and then ZD8X at 22:00Z on 10m. I was left wondering if they were both from
the same station location on the island, or from different locations on the
island. At any rate CQ WW CW is still the maximum fun contest. Bert, K6CSL