[3830] CQWW CW NQ4I M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NQ4I M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 05:26:00 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): W4IX AA4LR VE7ZO W8ZF K5AUP W7WZ K4TD KY4F N4FD NQ4I
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Griffin, Ga
Operating Time (hrs): 48.0

  160:  168    19       65
   80:  828    32      115
   40: 1524    37      145
   20: 2185    39      152
   15: 2038    39      155
   10: 1474    34      150
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Another CQWW CW in the bag....this one will go down with lots of memories and
fun had by all. The score and totals are the Second Highest CW score from NQ4I
ever. A big thanks to all of my operators who drove in from Florida, Alabama,
South Carolina, and of course Georgia. We had a number of operator
cancellations leading up to the contest, but still had enough operators for the
&amp;quot;Iron Man&amp;quot; style of M-M. Currently looking for resumes for
potential
operators for next year! Hi.

As always the team enjoyed great meals and snacks. Breakfast casseroles were
served each morning, right at shift change so that all could have a good hot
meal before heading to sleep or to start the daytime operating schedule. I will
be happy to share my casserole recipes if anyone is interested.

Equipment problems were paramount this year. In the past year or so there has
been a revision to the Orion software. It manifested it self when one operator
pulled his headphone plug out and then re-inserted it. The radio went to
&amp;quot;Never-Never Land&amp;quot;. Memory reset and then it came back. It
took about
3 instances for us to see where the problems were coming from.

160 Meters-NQ4I (part time) AA4LR (part time) and others (including Drubber)
80 Meters-W4IX &amp;quot;Drubber&amp;quot; kept the chair warm all weekend in
addition
to other places.
40 Meters-VE7ZO did the SO2S (Single Op Two Stations). Jim's partner Kevan N4XL
had work commitments come up last minute and was not able to join us. So Jim
re-configured the station and used them both together (locked out of course).

20 Meters-W8ZF,K5AUP,W7WZ, and help from Drubber W4IX. K4AB was scheduled and
had work that kept him home back in Alabama.
15 Meters- Old style homecoming for lifetime friends K4TD and KY4F. The
&amp;quot;Bobbsey Twins&amp;quot; did a fine job covering 15 meters.
10 Meters- Larry (Dr DX) did an admirable job on 10 meters with help from NQ4I,
AA4LR,W7WZ, and of course Drubber!

If you haven't figure it out by now, Drubber is a contest animal. He only slept
30 minutes the whole weekend. He pitches in anywhere he is needed, always ready
to take a seat and give a break, whether it is for a meal or a nap.

Soap Box- I want to commend the teams that took the time to post their scores
on the cqcontest.ru site. Our friends in UA have dove an excellent job in
making the site easy to use and very accurate. On a different note I will
propose a change to the CQWW Rules to include some sort of rule that if a
station uses skimmer, packet or any other means of gathering information they
will be obligated to post their scores. Here is a classic example given to me
by KY4F.

&amp;quot;You and your wife are huge Golf fans, and save, and finally buy
tickets
to the Master's Golf Tournament (CQWW CW is much like the Master's). In the
process of your attendance, Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson decide that they
will not allow their scores to be listed on the leader boards and that they
will keep their score cards in their pocket and not allow any fans or other
competitor to see their score. Their score cards will not be available until
after every participant has finished the Tournament&amp;quot;.

I see no discernible difference in the above case, and our current leaders in
CQWW who refuse to participate in posting their scores online. It is done in
the Golf world to openly and frankly show what the score is at every stroke. It
is a display of honesty and frankness and is a requirement for entry in any
golf
tournament. I call upon all of the contesting community to request...no
require... that all participants who use any method of information collection
to post their scores!

As the contesting community has adjusted to the requirement for logs to be sent
in and posted for all to see, it is now time to change this unnecessary
behavior
and openly post your score for all to see. Not posting your score equals non
entry in the contest.

As always QSL via LOTW.

73 and Happy Holiday Season to all from the team at NQ4I.

de Rick NQ4I