[3830] CQWW CW RM5A(SM6LRR) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW RM5A(SM6LRR) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 05:25:31 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: RM5A
Operator(s): SM6LRR
Station: RM5A

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Vereya
Operating Time (hrs): 33
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2047    36      114
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2047    36      114  Total Score = 592,500

Club:

Comments:

First Single Band 20 HP (non-assisted) entry for me ever in CQWW CW.

The goal was to see how the old Russian Record from 1989 (UA1DZ S.K) could
survive in 2013 CQWW with more participants, more available multipliers, new
computerized technology, better equipment and whatever else...

When I was offered to use the excellent RM5A station located 100 km (60 miles)
west of Moscow City for a 20 meter efftort, I could not resist.

Conditions were good but not extraordinary. 20 meters was open already from the
start at 4 AM local time and also during daytime my impression was that band
kept up in good shape. Second night (Saturday to Sunday) was less exciting. I
even allowed myself to sleep about 5 hours, with a short interruption for 4-5
Carribean multipliers at 00 UTC.  Second day was in parity with the first day,
but band quickly became in poor shape between 17-18 UTC.  As I needed to be
back in Moscow Monday morning, operation was terminated at 18 UTC.

(As a funny coincidence, electricity was lost in the whole region where RM5A is
located, just seconds before I was going to leave the house 6 hours before the
end of the contest. As I was told, band opened up nicely again in the night,
and who knows... I might have been able to challenge George Rumyantsev's
(UA1DZ) record in case I would patiently have remained in operation all
time...

However, destiny always rules and for my own peace of soul, I convince myself
that electricity would not have returned until the end of the contest :)

The legendary UA1DZ's record remained untouched (at least by me) and next year
I will try to challenge another single band record instead :)

Thank you RD3BW Oleg, for allowing me to use your excellent station.

Thank you RA5A, Leo, for preparig the station so nicely.

73 and see you all hopefully from my small holiday style DX Expedition as
XV2LRR (Nov 29th - Dec 14th).