[3830] CQWW CW Z81Z(DL3DXX) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW Z81Z(DL3DXX) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 05:56:52 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: Z81Z
Operator(s): DL3DXX
Station: Z81Z

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Juba
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:
   40: 2246    32       91
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2246    32       91  Total Score = 826,068

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Last minute decision to run 40 meter single as Pertti and Olli decided to
operate single band 10m Z81R and 15m Z81X.
With a simple vertical over poor ground I feeled like QRP and was pushed away
from the running frequency several times even I was a double multiplier for
most of the participants.
Attempts to call multipliers especially before sunset (s9 copy on far east
stuff) was hopeless while having
sunset in Europe same time. Gave up hunting the multipliers hoping that they
would look for me.
Surprizingly during morning hours I was able to defend my QRG when beeing
called by lot of stations, sometimes so many and so long that it brought down
the rate.
Amazing to hear US stations from midwest even 2 hours after runrise but then no
way to make it into their log.
Glad to be part of the fun although at least the multiplier made is not very
competitive
:-9
73 Dietmar DL3DXX