[3830] CQWW CW VE3HG SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE3HG SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 06:00:57 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3HG
Operator(s): VE3HG
Station: VE3HG

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: gta
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:   15     3       11
   20:   69     8       34
   15:   61     6       29
   10:   10     4        8
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Did somebody put a Stephen King dome over Oakville? Reading other CCO club
members saying propagation was great. Not here. Obvious major polar disruption
of some sort as couldn't hear Finland and Sweden and most northern European
stations very watery weak signals. And then signal strengths went from okay
(S-9 or so) to barely audible which makes for zero QRP Qs. Decided to run QRP
rather than 100 watts but when you can't hear them you can't work them whether
or not you're running 5 watts or a KW. Was off for all of Sunday after driving
two hours to Collingwood for a two-minute provincial-level  Toastmaster
International impromptu speaking contest (Which I won! Have competed at this
level before but never won.) and then the two-hour return trip in white-out,
freezing ice conditions. Awful. But at least I won something this weekend.