[3830] CQWW CW UP2L(@UN9LG) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW UP2L(@UN9LG) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 06:00:51 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: UP2L
Operator(s): R8AA R9IR RM9I RU9I UA9MA UN4L UN9GD UN9LG UA9BA
Station: UN9LG

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Kostanay
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   392    15       62
   80:  1419    32      114
   40:  3140    38      149
   20:  1928    39      149
   15:  2149    40      152
   10:  1321    35      141
-------------------------------

Club: Ural Contest Group

Comments:

What a great adventure this contest was! The team got together on Wednesday
PM.
R9IR, RM9I, RU9I and UA9MA drove over 1000 miles. Thursday, Friday, and 6
hours
on Saturday (The contest starts here at 6:00 AM on Sat.) were devoted to
preparation for the contest. Still few things needed further adjustment when
the clock started. We consider it a good news, since we still have space for
easy improvements.
   I was starting on 40m. It took about 10 minutes to find the run frequency.
And guess what! My first QSO on run QRG was with the director of the contest
 Randy K5ZD! I thought that was a good omen :-))  And so it was.
Really, this contest was a total blast to us all at a wonderful station of
Grigory UN9LG!
   We knew prior to the contest of our competition CR3L, PJ4A, 4L0A, TC0A to
small details and were excited about the battle. We wanted to see the
battle.The 4L0A and PJ4A  teams were on the show. Gena UA9MA  talked
in the teams of CR3L and TC0A to reveal  their efforts on cqcontest.net  and
the guys agreed.  Boy, we all had a ball with this new service by Dima RW4WM
on
cqcontest.net ! My first CQWW CW was in 1973 at UK9AAN and I must tell you
all,
that I never had so much excitements in any of the CQWW contests through 40
years of contesting!
   This live scoreboard is a great booster for contesting. It might turn the
ought of sight competition into a true sports event like any other game people
watch on TV or live. The thing that we can see real time  evolution of the
scores of all our competitions DURING the event gives this sport a new
dimension. I think, this new approach to the ought of sight radio-sport makes
it more transparent, thus gives it more credibility, thus makes it more
appealing for newcomers, not to mention the excitements of a FULL CONTACT sort
of feeling as far as the old timers are considered!
   In my opinion the contest organizers should by all means motivate and
stimulate the participation in the live scoreboard. It might turn out our
radio-sport into a totally new GAME free of cheats. I can't see why some teams
made up of numerous CQWW CC members are still ignoring the live scoreboard.
What is there that they don't want us to see? The times when the the logs were
made up are almost over. Lets be honest and transparent to each other, so lets
all go for it and show our efforts on live scoreboard and make the fake log
times be over forever!
   So, I want to specially thank our rivals the teams of CR3L, PJ4A,
4L0A, TC0A and many more that connected to the live scoreboard on
cqcontest.net
and showed every few minutes the evolution of their scores. That was just
GREAT
adding to the usual big contest excitement. Every member on our team had a
blast watching it when off shift. We all agreed that this live scoreboard has
potential to turn this hobby into a modern true sport because of many new
aspects that it brings.
   Other than that I want to thank on behalf of the team our host Grigori for
the opportunity to get a life once again. Also big thanks to all who made it
into our log. CU u all in next one.

73's &amp; GL, Willy UA9BA