[3830] CQWW CW 4O3A(4O4A) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 4O3A(4O4A) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 06:12:25 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 4O3A
Operator(s): 4O4A
Station: 4O3A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Obosnik hill
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

  160:  340    17       60
   80:  696    21       75
   40: 1506    31       97
   20: 1174    30      102
   15: 1530    37      112
   10: 1282    34      102
------------------------------

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

Plan was different. But....
In a couple of months, Dragan, 4O4A is going on a peacekeeping mission in
Afghanistan, and will be there almost until the end of 2014. I believe he’ll
miss the radio a lot, so I decided to give him the CW part this year, for his
first ever serious SOAB try. You can see the station picture here -
http://4o3a.com/

New station automation
The new SSC XL Smart Station Controllers are truly remarkable. The simplicity
and flexibility stagger even me, the author. After the contest with Dragan, we
discussed a few designer details, but basically, there were no real remarks
about the functionality or the layout. I think SSC XL is the final solution to
all kinds and sizes of radio amateur stations and their automation. Access over
the internet gives the controllers a completely new dimension and range of
possibilities.
With our USA representative, Innovantennas from Colorado, we will have fast
delivery from stock, and will provide full engineering and design, and even
installation  for any more complex USA station.

New antennas
It is for the first time this year that the main RUN tower was with a tribander
stack.
Four times JP2000 tribanders on all three bands were always better or equally
when compare with any monoband stacks I have on my location. (same tower
heights)
Triplexer system that provides good isolation on ports is a true contest
revolution. Less aluminum, less antennas, better isolation, less investment,
and as result - better performance. Sounds like pure marketing, but really is
true. The next and final step on the station is replacing all monobanders from
the remaining two towers with tribander stacks.

An excellent performance of EU MS stations, like every year. Was enjoying
listening 9A1P, E7DX,EI7M and others….

Propagation were good, but higher bands were open to shortly to make more than
7000 Qs, and over cross 11M points from here.

CU in ARRL10