[3830] CQWW CW N5FO SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N5FO SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 06:25:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N5FO
Operator(s): N5FO
Station: N5FO

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23.6

  160:    8     6        7
   80:   26     9       16
   40:  112    19       47
   20:  213    20       43
   15:  443    27       63
   10:  621    26       70
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

FUN CONTEST!  Nice openings on 10 &amp;amp; 15 into Japan and Europe. CLASSIC
made
me realize I still have much to learn about propagation.  I just
&amp;quot;felt&amp;quot; my way along, jumping to another band when rates
seemed to
drop where I was.  This worked most   of the time, however I do remember moving
&amp;quot;back&amp;quot;  few times.     About 1/3 into the contest, I noticed
the
receive signal down several S-units when returning from transmit.  This started
with about a 30% rate, but by the end of the contest, more like 60-70% of the
time!  I'm sure I lost many weak signals due to this problem.  I suspected the
T/R relay in the AL-1500, because it did this before.  Way too difficult to
replace during the contest!  What a pain!  Late last night, some testing seemed
to indicate a relay problem in the RCS-4 remote switch.  So, I continue to
learn!

Thanks to N2IC and all of you great mentors out there who have helped me along
in getting into contesting!
73's til next time!
Sam