[3830] CQWW CW S58WW SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW S58WW SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 06:46:00 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: S58WW
Operator(s): S58WW
Station: S58WW

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Dob
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:   22     5       20
   80:  257    16       63
   40:  231    22       71
   20:  179    28       86
   15:  229    33       87
   10:  291    31       97
------------------------------

Club: Vrhnika contersters

Comments:

First of all, it was part time effort.
It was impossible for me to be active all 48 hours.

Two main reasons:

I have to sleep at least 4 hours per day :-).
We were celebrating my grandson first birthday on Sunday.

So I was convicted to minus 12 hours of operation before beginning.

I had my new antennas on my small tower now for six months and I didn’t
operate any contest since new installation. The propagation prognoses were
nice, so I didn’t want to operate only one band.
My goal was 1000 QSO and over 1 million points. My wish was having 100
countries on higher three bands but.. :-(

Equipment:
Small KENWOOD TS-480DSP - 100W

Antennas:
Cushcraft X-7 at 13 meters (43 feet) Works great for that height.

INV V for 40 meters apex at 12 meters below X-7 (didn’t replace it with 1 el
loop - my mistake), but it was solid performer.

1 el vertical loop horizontal polarization for 80 meters (homemade - apex at 16
meters (52 feet)) �&amp;quot; that antenna works great. It is only 2 meters
from
ground.

Dual G5RV (two times 31 meters and 19 meters open line) �&amp;quot; used on
160
meters (dummy load) :-(.
Location: My small lot in the middle of village. You can see it on qrz.com

Conclusion:

Propagation �&amp;quot; great.
Newer heard stations from Pacific so loud on 40 meters.
My operation - I am average CW operator, thanks to all for patience on replays
to my CQs.
Nice contest.
SU NEXT YEAR.