[3830] CQWW CW E73M SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW E73M SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 06:59:43 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: E73M
Operator(s): E73M
Station: E73M

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 47h40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   62    13       57
   80:  292    19       80
   40: 1377    37      123
   20: 1130    35      122
   15:  831    37      130
   10:  751    37      127
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

It was a great contest and only one I finished in 2013, therefore I proclaim
myself a winner.
Here is a list of my bad luck in 2013 so far:
1. WPX Phone, I had TIA (mild stroke) three days before contest.
2. WPX CW, 15 hours in contest and my kidneys decided to move sand out, rushed
to emergency room.
3. IARU, had to make 2 hours brake due sudden hypertension.
4. CQWW Phone, after 21 hours had hypertension again but due to two energy
drinks I consumed, too much caffeine.

Well, this contest I had a plan to operate 44-45 hours and no energy drinks. My
goal was to break my score from 2011 of 7.6 million before log checking, after
24 hours I was some 400 qso's short and it seemed that I will fail. Then I
decided to fight and stay awake all 48 hours. Before contest I researched about
how to stay awake and alert enough to operate without massive dosage of
caffeine
and drugs.  Plan was to take few short 15-20 minutes naps, use a lot of C
vitamin with fluid, and eat only tuna can per day and bananas for potassium
intake.   It worked wonderfully, each time I felt bad I will drink and eat
bananas.
Sleep deprivation can cause you to have hallucinations and it happened to me
before, this time I heard stuff Sunday afternoon. First I  thought I forgot to
turn off  TV  because I heard distorted  music which get louder when I took
headphones. It looked that noise was coming from both amplifiers and I ruled
that music is in my head, funny it sounded like I was singing.  That convinced
me that it is really in my head and I took quick brake to shower.  After brake
I put volume up in my headphones and did not hear it anymore, but each time I
took of headphones to rest my ears between CQ’s I heard it again.  After the
contest I was worried how I will get to sleep since it was becoming annoying.
As soon as I turn off amplifiers and noisy fans behind my radios, music volume
dropped down but still there. I  figured out that fan noise induce my brain to
hear music somehow and there were two more fans in my PC’s to be turned off,
I was so relieved when music stopped and only thing I could hear were my dogs
barking and chasing wild boars and foxes down the hill.
Recently I discovered the http://www.cqcontest.net, a live score board.It would
be more fun for other guys in my category to know where they stand I as I knew
watching their scores on second PC. Unfortunately unipost5.exe would not run on
my PC and I have very slow mobile internet access to upgrade PC online. At
first
it was a bit disappointing to see how UW3U reporting huge number of both
qso’s
and multipliers but I hoped to catch up later on high bands, maybe next time.
Real treat was to watch the photo finish between YP9W and IR2C.  Second day I
was ahead some 800k of YP9W who had missing multipliers and even more then
IR2C. The both of them started adding qso’s and mpls,  I thought that YP9W
has more chance to edge me out then IR2C who had lot less Q’s but obviously
more 3 pointers.  In the end I managed to keep distance of some 300k and YP9W
ended ahead IR2C by few points.
Great score from Manfred, DJ5MW who raked massive 733 countries and 8+
million,Congratulations OM! Also I notice that SN7Q (SP7GIQ) changed tactics
and made better score with more Q’s then multipliers. I hope to see you all
next year, especially my contenders in SOAB HP assisted category.
And for the end here is what I have been using:

RUN radio- IC756PRO plus EMTRON DX2 ,loaned from Jovo, E78A/JY9FC after my
ALPHA 8100 went bust and until I finish my HB amplifier with 3CX300(0)
Secondary radio- FT990 plus EMTRON DX1, AMP also loaned by Jovo,E78A/JY9FC, AKA
general sponsor, HI)
EZmaster for SO2R, Array Solution Six Pack, Filters ICE 419’, some Home Brew
notch filters ,Desk-Match(StackMatch  in one box) to add second antenna, MY5T
on RUN radio and WinTest  for loging.

Antennas:
160m: Shunt vertical 27m tower topped with 20 and 40m Yagi
80m: Inverted  “V” Extended Double Zepp �&amp;quot;EDZ, apex at 24meters.
40m: Cushcraft XM240 at 25m
20m: 4/4 at 27/14m
15m: 5/5 at 18/10m
10m: 5/5/5 at 20/12/4m
Five bander MY5T (2L each band)at 7m pole

Receiving antennas are beverages:
USA-  two crossfire phased 160 meters long
JA- 180 meters long
VK/ZL �&amp;quot; 160 meters long
SA- 100 meters long

More about my contest location can be seen here http://www.e73m.com

73 Daniel “Danny” Horvat, E73M &amp;amp; N4EXA