[3830] CQWW CW K5XA SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5XA SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:41:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5XA
Operator(s): K5XA
Station: K5XA

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: Kerrville, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:
   80:
   40:  175    18       26
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Rig : Elecraft K3/P3

Antennas : F12 C31-XR@128'; F12 C31-XR@81' Fixed 44°;
           F12 Mag 240N@ 137'; 1/2 Wave 80M Sloper &amp;gt; 45°

Soapbox : Started late Fri nite on 40 - very noisy, and only got worse. Finally
started working some JA's and others to the west until the noise ate almost
everything. Decided to quit and wait till sunrise to continue. Went to swing
the beam around, and it was stuck (frozen precip) at 300°. So I shut
everything down, including disconnecting cable connectors to RCS8V and RT-21
rotor control. Up at sunrise only to discover rotor still stuck - and so it
went all day. Busted rotor, right? Got back on early Sun AM, and with the beam
still pointed west had a good time into JA+ for awhile until I decided to QRT.
Went to shut everything down again - lo and behold I hadn't reconnected the
RT-21 cable connector! LID! TO, U Elmered a LID!