[3830] CQWW CW OH5Z M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OH5Z M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:46:52 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH5Z
Operator(s): OH2BU OH5WH OH6XX OG9X
Station: OH5Z

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  468    13       65
   80:  882    30      103
   40: 1224    39      138
   20: 1538    39      137
   15: 1498    40      153
   10:  698    39      150
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Great battle was setup before the contest when OH5Z, OH1F and SK3W lined up for
a Scandinavian battle in M/2 class. It was really exciting to follow the race
at cqcontest.net between the stations. First 13 hours or so we were all
neck-and-neck but after that we started to loose the ground. We weren't able to
get to the US-pileups our Western competitors were and that really cost us. On
the SAT-SUN night we lost 500 QSO's to OH1F and worked only 60 NA stations
while they reported working 150 of them. This time we suffered from our much
more Eastern location.

We had setup two RUN stations with SUPPORT stations on both of them allowing us
work inband QSO's and multiplier without disturbing the operator concentration
on the RUN seat. We worked 829 support QSO's where out of 502 are multipliers.
We still have a long way to keep the band maps clear of workable stations but
we are getting there.

It was great having Jari OH2BU joining us for this one as some of our own team
weren't able to join us this time. OH2BU really showed us why he is on top of
OH honor roll. I personally have never seen anyone so enthusiastic sitting on
the support/mult seat.

Thank you to all of you on the other end.

73,
Juha OH6XX